Nobody who attended the performances of Geraldine Connor’s epic masterpiece Carnival Messiah at Harewood House will ever forget it. Leeds-based director Ashley Karrell’s film takes you closer to the action than ever before – huge cast, loud music, spectacular carnival costumes. Also featuring interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from both then and now.
This remarkable reimagining of Handel’s Messiah was a cultural landmark in the Leeds arts scene and was widely praised for its community engagement, bringing professionals, semi-professionals locals and international artists on to one stage. To this day, the Geraldine Connor Foundation is inundated with stories of the effect Carnival Messiah had on individuals and we are proud to say that we still work with many artists who played pivotal roles in the production.
Upcoming screenings of Carnival Messiah The Film & Documentary:
- Thursday 20th September 2018, 6pm @ MovieTowne, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival, International Premiere). Tickets for this screening will be available via the MovieTowne website one week before.
- Sunday 23rd September 2018, 3.30pm @ MovieTowne, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival). Tickets for this screening will be available via the MovieTowne website one week before.
- Sunday 30th September 2018, 2pm @ Seven Arts, Chapel Allerton, Leeds (World On Our Doorstep Festival). Tickets on the door.
- Saturday 16th September 2017, 7pm @ West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds (UK Premiere)
- Tuesday 7th November 2017, 8.15pm @ Leeds Town Hall (Leeds International Film Festival)